• What should I do when I open the database and see the error message, "The database needs to be repaired or isn't a database file.  You or another user may have unexpectedly quit Microsoft Access while . . . ."?  

This happens because of an issue with Office 2000.  First call 1529 to let the Data Management Department try to fix it--if they can't they will let you know and then you can send in a help desk ticket to IT. 

  • What form do I use to gain access to forms or folders on the network?

  Use the LAN security application, found under Resources, Employee, Forms.  Fax, mail or deliver it to the Data Management Department.

  • What do I need to do when I am going to work with third party vendors on computer network(s), hardware or software?

Contact and involve Data Management as soon as possible so we can work with IT and the vendor to work out any technical issues.

  • What form do I use for things like LAN drops, broken computer equipment or for new equipment? 

Use the Request for Information Technology Products form.  The IT Review Committee will review your request on the 2nd Tuesday of the month and help you get what you need.

  • What is a peripheral?

 Anything that connects to the PC is a peripheral.